Engaged in consumer protection legislation & regulation
Williams & Jensen has considerable experience representing companies and associations that have issues before the Consumer Protection Safety Commission (CPSC). The firm works with the legislative committees that have primary jurisdiction over these issues including the United States House of Representatives' Energy and Commerce Committee and the United States Senate's Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee. The firm has represented clients in the passage and implementation of all recent consumer protection legislative such as the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 and the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
- Educating Congress and the CPSC on the impact of legislative and regulatory proposals on the manufacturing and retail sectors
- Explaining the often technical implementation realities of legislative and regulatory proposals to Congress and the CPSC
- Working with the Agency and Congress to find solutions to legislative and regulatory proposals which provide the greatest degree of safety to consumers yet at the same time can be cost effectively achieved by manufacturers
- Writing testimony and preparing witnesses for Congressional hearings
- Coordinating grassroots support for our clients' positions on consumer protection legislation and regulation